When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me, Lord." I am a believer that God created each one of us with a unique talent, therefore, use it well to serve Him.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

New Gift, New Toy....Another Gift from DH

Didn't I marry a nice, sweet and supportive guy? Yes, he got me this as an appreciation gift after we had a major, major problem.  This is the gift I was waiting for weeks now and it got delivered in the house while we were in LA. Boy, it made us worry that it might get stolen in the front porch. Glad the people of DR Horton, Ft. Hood, the housing developer of our subdivision came and picked it up for us. I would cry so hard if I lose this machine.  We called UPS and the shipper but both says, "No, they cannot hold the delivery." It made us really upset but Shawn of DR Horton came to our rescue.   Thanks so much Shawn, you've always been really good and helpful. 

Took out the machine yesterday from it's box but too intimidated to even touch it.
This morning, Ed told me to start playing with my new toy and he'd help me set it up.
It took me awhile to do the calibration.  The blade slot was not aligned but Ed helped me fix it.  Almost thought, I have to send it back to Provo Craft.  Thanks again, for my every supportive husband...
Got a whole bunch of these outdated white bordered DP from MAMBI, which came out handy while doing a bunch of calibration. Now, it's all set up but too sick to even play it.  Sad, sad, sad...

Will rest for a little while and maybe I would feel better later.  Everyone in the family had been sicked since we got back from LA.  LA is much cooler than TX.  Glad we came home because our kalamansi, tomatoes and basil plants are almost dead when we got home.

Hope I can play with my new toy later and be able to share some artwork with you guys.  Also hope I can write up a review about the machine... that is, once I got over with the intimidation :-)...

Have a great week!


No comments: