When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me, Lord." I am a believer that God created each one of us with a unique talent, therefore, use it well to serve Him.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Peachy Keen Challenge #38

Being sicked was no fun. After couple of days being in bed, I now get to play with my friends at Peachy Keens. This week's challenge is to create a layout or project based on the season - Fall.  No handmade card this time.  Theme varies from Autumn to Halloween to Harvest elements with the exception of Thanksgiving feast. 
I love Fall.  Got bunch of reasons to love it...  With this challenge, I am incorporating - Recycling.  I got two projects for this challenge and the 1st is a "Recycled Ribbon Spool Ornament/Hanging wreath":
 See how messy my table was...
 Assembly time
 Finally, after a day of working on this project, it's now done...
 The project is actually better in real life.
 I'm so pleased with myself...

 Here's a much closer look...
 Look at those corns!
 A glimpse of the side to show that these are actually ribbon spool.

Recipe:
PAPER: CTMH, GP, Embassy and unknown DP
INKPADS: TH Distressed Inkpads (Wild Honey, Forest Moss and Rusty Hinge)
TOOLS: Cricut Expression, Gypsy, PC paper trimmer, ink blending tool
CARTRIDGE: Thanksgiving (cornucopia, corn, ferns); Cindy Loo (scalloped circle); Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake (time for tea lowercase font) and George (circle)
EMBELLISH: Satin ribbon, raffia, silk fall leaves (Joann's), Prima leaves 
OTHERS: Plain chipbiard sheets and KI Memories ribbon spool

2nd PROJECT:  RECYCLED ROOTBEAR BOTTLE
A "thank you" sweet treat
My Cricut Imagine, which was an early Christmas gift from my dear sweet husband was delivered last week while we were in LA.  We were upset that it might get stolen if it would sit in the front porch for days.  Tried calling the shipper and UPS to hold the delivery but no one was willing to make an extra effort to help us.  DH called DR Horton, which was the housing developer of our subdivision and asked the ever helpful Shawn for help.  He asked him if he can do us a favor of picking up the machine and keep it in their office for a few days until we get home.  Since then, I didn't get the chance to thank him myself because I was so sicked the last couple days.  Anyways, tomorrow, we're heading out and I intend to drop this simple sweet treat as a token of thank you from me.

The bottle I used was from some rootbear brand that we got from CVS.  I think it was perfect for giveaway treats.  Like the fact that I did some "green" deeds today.  I used Hawaiian Punch jellybeans by Brachs for candies.  

Recipe:
PAPER: DCWV, GP and leftover cardstocks
STAMPS: Peachy Keen Stamps
INKPAD: Stampin Up! Chocolate Chip, TH Distressed Inkpads (Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge) 
TOOLS: Cricut Expression, Gypsy, PC paper trimmer, EK Large edge punch, ATG 
CARTRIDGE: Simple Charmed (Turkey)
EMBELLISH: Satin ribbon, raffia and silk fall leaves (Joann's)
 
Until next challenge!  Hope you like my projects...

1 comment:

Glora said...

Wow this is beautiful. What a fun fall decoration.