When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me, Lord." I am a believer that God created each one of us with a unique talent, therefore, use it well to serve Him.

Friday, November 19, 2010

The bugging is done...

Ahh, at last the bugging is done...over!  I finally give in to what my daughter had been bugging me for the last couple days.  She wants me to make a card for Daddy.  She actually wants me to make her a "Princess" card from the "Once Upon a Princess" Cricut cart.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find my mojo and my missing BG paper stack and Peachy Keen stamps makes me mad.  Well, that's the OCD in me getting PO'ed.  Good news, I actually found the PK stamps last night while making their card.  If one of my kid was the suspect to the missing BG paper, well this time, they're innocent.  My PK stamp was actually just sitting in my table, right in front of me, but wait, it was underneath my Memento Tuxedo Black inkpad.  How wild is that!  If I didn't use the inkpad last night, I wouldn't have found it even if I turn the my house and trash upside down.  Okay, no more babbling, here's the card I made.  I made a gate fold card for them, or sometimes been referred to also as Z card...

I used "Hay Ride" stamp from High Hopes.  I used this stamp primary because I want an image that has a little boy and a little girl together.  This is perfect for my kids who misses their Daddy big time.
I used bright colors and matted the image with bright sunny yellow cardstock to make the card more cheerful.  Their Daddy is missing the heck outta them.  Don't want to use any light colors that would just rub off loneliness and sadness to the father who is away from us.
Don't you like that sentiment!?  I do!!! He's the best Daddy ever!
Here's the inside of the card.  She wrote some loving sweet nothing inside and put tons of felt heart shape diecut inside.  She was so pleased.  She loves the card that we're sending to Daddy.  She wrote him a funny, sweet note.  Yeah, I know, it's the Father-Daughter thing - kindda sweet though and makes me smile!
RECIPE:
PAPER: DCWV, GP 110lbs white CS and unknown brand cardstock
STAMP: High Hopes, The Paper Studio, The Paper Company Studio
INKPAD: Memento Tuxedo Black
COLORING: Copic Markers
TOOLS: EK Success XL edge punch, MS Score Board, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper, PC paper trimmer, and ATG gun
EMBELLISH: Baker's twine, button from Foof-A-La
I think the card is not all that bad.  I am hoping that my muse is back so I can continue making cards to at least keep me busy and not think of the separation and the holidays.
Be back soon!

No comments: