When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me, Lord." I am a believer that God created each one of us with a unique talent, therefore, use it well to serve Him.

Monday, December 6, 2010

A Gift

I've been wanting to do this project for couple days now and guess what I always run into problems with Gypsy and my Imagine machine.  This is a challenge at Emma's Imagi-Nation Monday Gift Challenge.  The rule is to make any gift project.  A gift can be anything you would give to someone for Christmas, birthday, baby shower, or anniversary.

I decided to make TEA BAGS envies and a matching card for my neighbor Lia.  A week ago, I bought a bunch of silicone sleeve for my Gypsy and a pack of plastic protector sheets.  The plastic protector sheets came in a very nice envies and that inspire me to make an altered gift.  Aside from the tea envies, I also made Lia's daughter, Isabella some hair barrettes.  Emma's charm bracelet project inspired me to finally gather my courage to play with Shrink Paper.  Thanks for the ideas Emma!  Emma uses a different brand, which is Shrink Dink, while I used the Grafix brand (that's the only kind I have at the moment).  I'm not really sure what's the difference but I intend to find out.  Anyways, I got really so excited with the barrettes, so I altered a hairband and gave it to my daughter, Ella.


Here's my take:
 I used the image Teapot from Once Upon a Princess so it will actually match the gift item.
 Printed the blue patterned paper and the teapot centerpiece using Imagine machine.
 I used Flourishes stamp for sentiment.  Love that button!
 Here's a glimpse of the inside.
 The teabags...
 The envies...
 The outside...
 The barrette's I was talking about.
 I used mini-bowdabra for the ribbon and tulle gathering.  I still have to get use to it.  I still find it hard to use.  Thanks Joan for mini-bowdabra gift.  It sure came handy for projects like this.
 A closer look.  I print and cut the imagine using Nursery Tails.
 I think they're super cuties!
 The hairband I gave to my daughter...
 I used Snow Angel cartridge for this one.
 
 Another batch of barrettes and again it is for Isabella. And these two were actually my faves!
 That's it for now.  Gotta go now and rest this colds away.  Nyt everyone!

No comments: