When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me, Lord." I am a believer that God created each one of us with a unique talent, therefore, use it well to serve Him.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Mixed Media Art Try It...

For months now, I've been really contemplating on trying to make any kind of mixed media art or project.  Finally last night after get we got done with homeschooling for the day, I spread out paint, mist, stencils, gelatos, gesso, watercolor paper, dye and pigment inkpads, paintbrushes, plastic wrap, bubble wrap, tissue paper, prescription bottles, washi tapes and stamps.  Would you believe I even made my own Modge Podge as prep for this project?  I didn't even think twice of cutting my Better Homes & Garden and Martha Stewart magazines for images.  Yeah, it was a huge mess and I was a happy camper! 

The whole day, yesterday, I was busy watching tutorials in youtube and pinterest.  But then, I just more confuse as to what to use and what style/design I'll be doing.  So I tried to shut everything outta my mind and instead focus on what I want to do.  Told myself, no rules and I am free to use or do whatever I want.  Believe me it wasn't a struggle and instead I had really fun.

So enough blah, blah and here am I humbly sharing with you my very first mixed media project. 
 Not bad, right!?
Those big 3-D flowers are just scraps from my previous projects and was cut using Silhouette Cameo.

Convinced!?  I hope so...
Here's another mixed media project I started last night.  It's a small poster and as of the moment I still dont have any idea what should I do but I'm kindda leaning on a mother's day theme.  Got any suggestions?  Let me know please...

I'm really excited about this mixed media art but please be warned: it gets really messy.  I spent quite sometime cleaning up my supplies... Do I really have to clean them?  I don't think so but you know the OCD monster...

Materials:
PAPER: Stampin' Up! {cardstock}, Stratmore {watercolor paper} and DCWV/Prima {patterned paper} 
STAMP: Our Daily Bread Design
INKPADS: Memento and Versamark
TOOLS: Fiskars {paper trimmer}, Scotch {ATG}, Darice {pop dots} E-6000 {glue} and Making Memories (piercer)
EMBELLISHMENT: I am Roses, Prima & Stamping Scrapping {flowers & ferns} Recollection {bling}, and Making Memories {antique brads} and Unbranded {chippies},  and Scrapyland {washi tapes}

Mixed Media Supplies:
PAINT: Making Memories and Plaid
MEDIUM: Claudia Hellmuth Gesso by Ranger
MIST: Studio Calico and Sprinkler by October Afternoon
STENCIL/MASK: Studio Calico and Heidi Swap
STAMP: Bo Bunny

Hope I didn't forget anything...


 Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: