When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me, Lord." I am a believer that God created each one of us with a unique talent, therefore, use it well to serve Him.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

So lazy...

Now that proper home schooling starts again, it means no time for myself or should I say less time for crafting.  Although at some point, I made sure that I make something crafty or else I would go crazy just being inside these four corners. 

A year back, I made myself a promise that I have to make at least one scrapbook layout each month and join the DCWV Stackaholic Template Challenge.  See my previous post,  Finally, a DCWV Stackaholic Template Challenge last month?  That was my entry for the month of January and it made it to the Top 10.  Woot! Woot! Now, here's my entry for the month of February:

Sorry lights weren't too good because I was in a rush to send it to Erin Madsen of DCWV and trying my best to beat the deadline.

Another project I want to share with you today was a Steampunk theme card I made, which was my first attempt.  I wanted to give this card together with these yummy handmade jewelries we found during one of our local hunts:

I so loved the new cling mounted stamps by Stampendous.  I wish I'm rich so I could just buy them all.  Here is one stamp I'm so gaga about, Click Heels and oh! I got it from Frantic Stamper, which became one of my favorite store lately.  Anyways, here's the stamp:
And here's the card I made outta that click, click heels..
 Modesty aside, isn't this card gorgeous? LOL
 So much texture and elements but not overpowering (I hope!).
This is also my very first acetate base card.  Since the design of the card was kindda busy, I decided to go for an acetate with only black grids as print.  Then in the inside, I adhere a smaller size vintage plain patterned paper for some sweet lovely note.

Now the question is, will I be willing to part with this card!?  I guess not! So I am now in the process of making another card that will go with the jewelries.

Until next time...

 Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

Maryann Laursen said...

Soo great to see you back to some crafting again sweet friend, and your LO is awesome, but I must admit, my heart just took an extra beat, when I saw your card. It is absolutely gorgeous, and I can sure relate to, that you don´t want to part from this beauty. This stamp is simply gorgeous and the result of your card is overwhelming and so stunning. I´ve just been sitting here and watching it for at least 5 minutes, because it´s so beautiful, and I keep finding gorgeous small details everywhere I look. Whoever will get one like this will just be a very lucky lady, that´s for sure.
I sure hope, we´ll get to see lots more like this from you again soon sweetie? I just sooo love it. TFS hun.
Have a wonderful day filled with joy and fun sweet friend,.