When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me, Lord." I am a believer that God created each one of us with a unique talent, therefore, use it well to serve Him.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Leftover Die-cut images

While I was making card entry for Provocraft/Anna Griffin Card Contest, I came across a nice deer image that I originally planned to use for my entry.  Somehow, every image I planned to incorporate just didn't jive.  I decided to set them aside and work on my Cardmaking Contest entry, which I will post in a little while.  Yeah, I was cutting like crazy again.  LOL, I need a break after more than 4 hours of working on pumping out the water from our pool yesterday. It rained pretty bad the other night and it just happened too that I filled up the pool that same afternoon.  Boy! I missed my DH so much!  Now I have a better appreciation of those single Moms who takes care of just about everything that the family needs.

Going back to what I was talking, after working on my entry, I start cleaning up my table and promised myself I will make another card out of that deer.  For the meantime, I stopped doing what I'm doing because it's really getting late, so I got up, fed the kids, give them a shower and tucked them to bed.  I promised them I will only make one card for the night and it's gonna be really quick.

Immediately, I know what patterned paper to use and in no time, I finished another card before going to bed.
I showed it to my kids when I got done.  My youngest said, "It's a beautiful card Mom.  Send it to Grandma! Send it to Grandma!" So this card is going to the mail today or tomorrow for Grandma.

 I love the orange/brown and green match on this card.
Hope you all like it! 
RECIPE:
PAPER: CTMH, Bazzill, Embassy and DCWV
TOOLS: Cricut Expression, Gypsy, MS Circle cutter, MS corner craft punch, PC Paper Trimmer, Zig 2-way glue, Zip dry, ATG and Sakura white gel-roll pen
CARTRIDGE: Straight from the Nest (Filigree flower & Background), Give-A-Hoot (Deer smelling flower) and Picturesque (Aspen)
EMBELLISHMENT: Grossgrain ribbons

No comments: