When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me, Lord." I am a believer that God created each one of us with a unique talent, therefore, use it well to serve Him.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Monochromatic Theme

Yippee, Peachy Keen Stamps - DT Tuesday challenge for this week is a sketch with a twist. And guess what's the twist? It's monochromatic theme!  Love it...
 It's time to start playing with Copics again.  Boy, it's been more then 2 months now since I last colored an image for a card.  Well, blame it on my bug machine LOL.
I am using a Sweet Pea Stamp image for this challenge.
 Sketch provided
 I decided to make one Sepia and one Black and White cards then decide afterwards which one to use as my entry.
This is the Sepia version.
 And this is the black and white version
I opted to use this (black and white) as my entry for the challenge.  My DH and kids voted for this one so I have to go with this.

Hope you like it!  Too many tools, too many project ideas yet very little time... 
Oh BTW, maybe you would like to see my other Monochromatic projects, please click HERE.
RECIPE:
PAPER: DCWV, Embassy and GP 110 white
STAMP: Sweet Pea Stamp
INKPAD: Memento Tuxedo Black
COLORING: Copic markers (Warm Greys) and Spica glitter markers
TOOLS: PC paper trimmer, ATG, Zip Dry, and Zig 2-way glue pen
EMBELLISHMENT: Martha Stewart border sticker, Prima flowers and flat-back glittered peals

12 comments:

Cathryn said...

WOW, all I can say is AWESOME! TFS Cathryn67 <3

Crafty Katy said...

Both of these cards turned out beautifully! I would have had a hard time choosing as well.

Savahanna said...

Great job. I love the colors you chose. Both cards are soo beautiful

jen said...

WOW!!! This is fantastic! I love them both, but my fave is the first one.... just love it...Fantastic job on both cards and you really do an awesome job with copics. How did you learn how to use them?
hugs,jen
jennyscards.blogspot.com

Debbie Smith said...

Wow beautiful cards.....I would love to have all the copics that you have lol.

Janice W. said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! You do monochromatic really well! I love both of your cards! Thanks for joining the PK challenge. Good luck!

Vicky said...

OH MY GOODNESS you did a fantastic job, and I am so envious on how many copic markers you have WOW!!

Kim H said...

OMG... I love both those cards! You are amazing as always! Boy... jealous love of how you use the copics and how many you have! Again Thank You for always sharing!

Unknown said...

Stunning, simply stunning, both of them! You knocked the challenge's socks off! Thanks for joining in with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck. xx

Big Time Stamper Want to Be said...

Amazing job on the coloring.

TFS!

Teresa H

Amanda T said...

These are gorgeous! I love all of them. Your coloring is stunning.

Anonymous said...

Reallly awesome cards..

TFS...

Ivette