When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me, Lord." I am a believer that God created each one of us with a unique talent, therefore, use it well to serve Him.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Handmade boxes

A week ago, I'm wondering how I'm gonna get a box that would be good to use for the handmade cards I made for a special and dear friend, Michelle.  While I was reading a forum at SCS, I came across a thread that talks about boxes.  In the discussion, the blogsite of Sharon Johnson No Time For Stamp was highly recommended for any tutorial that people like me needed.
I tried using my newly acquired Fiskars score blade but I wasn't too happy about it.  That time there was big urge to go out and buy MS Score board at Michaels.


I wish I had bought this toy earlier...

The measurement based on how Sharon did in her tutorial.
 
I used DCWV brown 12X12 cardstock from "Mi Casa" stack.  Then used a scrap paper from American Craft Christmas collection.  Adhere it to GP 110 lb white cardstock.  I used MS Simple Scallop and Icicle edge punches to add a little drama.  Then, embellished the box with grossgrain ribbons and K & Company chipboards. 

  Here's the inside of the box.  The box contains 10sets of 5 X 7 assorted Christmas cards using the same American Craft patterned paper and Whipper Snapper Stamps.  Images were colored using Copic markers, Prismacolor markers and the Korean version - EF markers.

Here's my take for the box.  Thanks to Sharon Johnson for a very easy to follow tutorials.  Now I don't need to spend money for every box that I might need in the future. 

No comments: