When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me, Lord." I am a believer that God created each one of us with a unique talent, therefore, use it well to serve Him.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Holiday Splurging

1.) Paper - Paper, paper and more paper.  Why can't I just stop accumulating paper?  Now, that I've been using my Cricut alot, I was using more and more cardstock.  I have tried PTI, Bazzill, DCWV, and Martha Stewart.  I love PTI but they have very little assortment.  The price is a big plus for this brand, they are very affordable.  Bazzill is the perfect one for all sorts of paper crafting especially with Cricut.  DCWV, is the perfect choice for layering cards. I honestly don't like the idea that I can see the white core off pieces that was cut by Cricut.  I also love Martha Stewart but the big set back was the price and it's a little bit hard to coordinate with patterned paper unless of course you'll use the same brand for designer paper.  I am thinking once we get settle, I will buy a bunch of colors of cardstock but still not sure what brand to get.  Price and thickness are the biggest factors.  I found that Ellen Hutson's store sells Memory Box and it has huge collection of cardstock but very pricey, $3.99 for 10pieces.


2.) Tools - It seems like crafter's like me who aside from doing crafting are also into collecting.  It is really kindda hard to keep up with what's new in the market.  It seems like before you can actually save money for buying your wishlist, another batch is already out in the market.  Most of my tool purchases were not bought out of impulsiveness.  I made sure that I read alot of reviews and SCS is the best place to do it.  Although I must admit that I also bought some tools that just doesn't serve its purpose.

This season is actually the best time to acquire things that you really want.  You  take advantage of the season, because most stores are getting rid of their inventories before the year end. 


Yehey, DH let me buy a new Singer 2932 sewing machine.  Been eyeing one since Thanksgiving.  Leigh-Ann of Joann's Fabric made sure I would get my toy before Christmas even if the item didn't fall on an Express Shipping promo offered.


 These toys are after Christmas sales from Michaels.  They were 70% plus if I used a 20% coupon from their newspaper ad.  The large lace craft punch is a regular ticked price but I was able to use my 50% coupon for that.  BTW, Michaels has their MS Valentine release displays already.

I bought these embossing kit for my Slice machine and got it at 40% off at Michaels.

 
* Finally, I do not have to cut in a 6X6 glass mat that my Slice Machine came with.  I'm wasting more papers using it.  I finally got this 12X12 and what's great about it, I got it from Joann's at 40% off.
* I also got the Tonic Studio - Tim Holtz non-stick serrated scissors, which is considered as one of my best buy this holiday.  I bought Hot Craft Knife for trimming off rubber from rubberstamps couple months ago.  I find it hard to use and considering I have an injured shoulder/arm, it was not fun at all. I prefer using the scissors over this knife.
* Somehow one of my craft box got lost in the mail and lost my Scor-Pal.  I was debating if I will get the MS Scor-board that crafters are raving about or should I try getting score blade for my Fiskar personal paper trimmer.  Bought the blade but didn't get the result I've been hoping for.  That leaves me with the decision to get the MS scor-board.


Here it is!  I went back to Michaels again couple days ago and I found this in the MS aisle, smiling back at me.  Ticketed price was $19.99 which is really great versus the $39.99 Scor-Pal.  When I was in the counter, I realized I didn't have my coupon but the nice cashier said no worries, I got tons of that here.  So I got this toy at 40% off.  This toy is so much easier to use that the other brand. The extra groves, storage, enveloper and size charts are some of its highlights.  This is a 5-star purchase and a must-haves.

Like what I said earlier, the holiday punches are on sale on Joann's and Michaels.  I also got myself an embossing folder kit for Cricut and a Camp Out solution cartridge.  A good buy for people who are having a hard time making masculine card.  This cartridge has an outdoor theme.


Yummy, got these toys at 70% off at one of the local scrapbook store here.  I guess, they are getting ready for the next release.

Also got these Quickutz goodies for 70% off.

These Impressabilities are the first one that was ever release.  Ordered it from my craft supplier Michelle and unfortunately, she couldn't get hold of the new ones.  I already have 2 of these, so I gave the other two to a friend of mine, Jerosha, as a Christmas present.

An after Christmas deal.  I been eyeing these cartridges but failed to get them during pre-Christmas deal.  Locker talk is needed especially if you are making projects that pertains to school.

3.) Stamping suuplies - When is it easy to tell yourself that you have enough rubber and you don't need anymore?  Well, for me its not that easy.  I just love character stamps and some good deals over the holiday season was just hard to pass.  There's one more box coming and it has High Hopes stamps.  I really have to try harder not to buy anything until I make use of these goodies:


These stamps and Spellbinder dies were 40% off at Joann's before Christmas.  I wish I could buy all of the Crafty Secrets stamps but I instead spent it buying it with big tools that was highly needed.

Who doesn't love Anya of The Greeting Farm stamps?  They are so gorgeous.  These are the bunch that I still don't have in my stash.  The ones on the top was their latest release.


For 2 years now, I been wanting to buy the stamp kits of Pink Cat Studio but they are so pricey.  Finally, over the holidays 7kidscollegefund offered this at 30% plus extra 20% with a coupon.  Another good deal!

These MFT goodies were on sale too and I just love the "Pure Innocence" stamp line.  It just it took them awhile before shipping these goodies.  No complaints though...  I can't wait till I can play with these goodies.
 
These are Inkadinkado, Hero Arts and Hampton Arts rubber stamps that were 40% off.


Finally, I have now the different colors of Memento inkpads and dew drops.  I been wanting these stamps for months now.  Thanks Michelle!
 
Wish I could have the complete set of Memento markers. Well, I can't have it all, right!? I can always add it to my wishlist, right!?

4.) Embellishments - These were the embellishment that I got as Christmas gift and some I picked at different stores here and there during several trips during the holidays.
 
 
 


5.) Adhesives:  I may need to try more adhesives in the market while my ATG gun is out of service.  Adtech mono-refill may be good but I am using it like crazy.
 
 

Hopefully, these will be the last purchases I will do for my crafting for the meantime and should do my best to stay away from buying at least until next holiday.

2 comments:

ails said...

WOW! You've got a SUPER HUGE new set of toys! Looks like Santa thought you've been soooooo good this year. ^_^

Claire Langan said...

Hahaha, I'm really not sure what Santa thinks about me. But I know where the good sale is during the holidays. I wish you're here to play with me. Hinde ko pa namemail yung Christmas card mo ha. Plano ka kase magsabay ng Sample cards para sa wedding mo. Mwah! Happy ako nagparamdam ka na...