When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me, Lord." I am a believer that God created each one of us with a unique talent, therefore, use it well to serve Him.

Monday, March 17, 2014

Sewing Treasure Box

Follow Me on Pinterest
SEWING TREASURE BOX: Another gift I made for another crafty friend. I am also entering this project as my take on I Am Roses Designer Challenge. The theme for the month of March is Designer's Choice of Color Combo. I chose Designer Maria's choice of Color Combo, which is purple and green.
Warning: There will be plenty of pictures in this post to show details on the project and I hope you will take your time to look at it. Thanks!
 My very own sewing treasure box...
 
 I used a digital image from my Frog Dog Studio Mixed Media Kit.
 
 Love the vintage/antique look...
 
 
 I used Paper Smooches stamp for the tag.
 Lots and lots of texture using decoupage, embossing paste, stencils and metallic paints.
Initially, the box was painted with metallic greens and purples but somehow I felt I needed
to add a third color and I chose sunset gold.
 What is a sewing treasure box without some treasures and goodies, right!?
 I added trims, laces, pin cushions, pins and some thread.  
DD wants me to add more stuff so I will grab more stuff when I have the chance to 
go back to the local Japanese store.
 I cut these dress forms and wind laces and trims.
 I made this cushion, which some says look like stool or hat.
I think its cute!
 This is what the mini lunch box/luggage look like before I altered it.
 
Materials:
PAPER: Basic Grey, Prima, GP and American Crafts and napkins from Tuesday Morning
STAMP: Paper Smooches
INKPAD: Hero Arts
ART SUPPLIES: Lumiere Paints, Silk Glaze Acrylic Paints, Gesso, Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste, Christy Tomlinson Stencil and Golden Matte Medium
FLOWERS & LEAVES: I Am Roses, Prima and Hobby Lobby
EMBELLISHMENT: Webster Pages (trims, buttons & pins), Walmart (lace), Hobby Lobby (trims),  doily (Wilton), K & Company (wooden frame), Frog Dog Studio (digital image), Unknown (wooden spool), Maya Road (tape measure), Unknown (pins) and Unknown (ribbon) and Walmart (pearls)
OTHERS: buttons, thread, batting, fabric, felt, floss, chipboard and mini lunchbox/luggage

Till next time!

5 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

WAUW this is soooo gorgeous Claire. You have done an outstanding job on this one, it´s truly amazing made and with so many gorgeous detail everywhere you look. I´m blown away with the beauty in all these different things here. You´ve really done a great job hun, this is sooooooooo gorgeous and just perfect.

Donna said...

Wow Claire, what a beautiful transformation you've created with the lunch box and such gorgeous colors too. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at IAR this month.
hugs
Donna xx

Jo said...

The colors are so vibrant! Beautiful. Thanks for joining us over at the I Am Roses challenge blog.

Maribell'Scraps said...

Your colours are so alive! ove all the mixed media on your box, lovely!

Tamara said...

This is totally gorgeous. I like the inside and outside of it. ;)
Thank you for sharing with us at I am roses challenge blog this month, good luck!
Hugs,
Tamara xx