When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me, Lord." I am a believer that God created each one of us with a unique talent, therefore, use it well to serve Him.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Typhoon Yolanda

Follow Me on Pinterest
Early November of last year, a super typhoon named Yolanda hit my beloved Philippines.  People left with no homes, some are injured and alot of people died.  It was around the same time, when I got my monthly kit from Frog Dog Studio.

I was inspired to make a mixed media art canvass and used the sad event that hit the Philippines as a subject.
 
 1. Prep the canvass with matte medium. Then I decoupaged some decorative table napkins.
2. Then I did a transfer image using the coloring page I got from my MM kit and matte medium.
3. Colored the transferred image using gelly-roll pens. Added micro beads for some texture.
4. Adhered alpha stickers and stamped sentiments.
5. Painted here and there using acrylic paint. Then finally brush it up with glossy medium to seal everything.

Hope you will try mixed media too!  It's fun playing with MM...
Till next project!

1 comment:

Maryann Laursen said...

WAUW Claire this is so beautiful. You really did an amazing job on this project here, really amazing and soooo beautiful colors, you´ve used for it too. I am soooooo impressed with this piece of art here sweet friend.