When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me, Lord." I am a believer that God created each one of us with a unique talent, therefore, use it well to serve Him.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014: February

Follow Me on Pinterest
Since I started doing Mixed Media art, I now have a better appreciation of grunge designs and Tim Holtz products.  Thanks to Rachel of Artful Evidence for great inspiration and tutorials.

"Be inspired to make something creative for the one’s you love", was the theme of Tim Holtz 12 tags of February 2014. 
Here's to show you how I made mine:
 1.) I repurposed one of those chipboard packets from an embellishment and used it as my tag.
 2.) I dry embossed it using Tim Holtz embossing folder: bubble wrapping.
 3.) I painted the tag with a light coat of white gesso.  Tag I used was coated, so I needed to do this extra step.
4.) This is how it looks like after the white gesso dried. 
Then on top of the white gesso, I painted the tag with black gesso. 

5.) Does that still look like a repurposed tag?  Nah, right!? 
Love the texture but its way too glossy... 
Time to bring out the chalk.  Thanks to my children!
But wait! 
Don't use the chalk just yet.
 6.) Before chalking, I sprayed my tag with chalkboard mist to get rid of its glossiness.
 I'm sure too that by using the mist, the chalk will settle better in tag.
 7.) Next, I distressed the tag.  See the white gesso coming out!? 
Fun!
 8.) I started using white chalk and used baby wipes to wipe off some of the excess.  I want the white gesso to pop out.
 9.) Since, it's Valentines, I added some red chalk in it too.
Then, I inked the edges of the tag using distressed inkpad. 
Nice, right!?
 10.) Assemblage begins!
Cut a heart, used leftover die-cut sentiments and tore up some pieces of papers.
 11.) Time to bring out the stamps and start stamping!
 12.) After stamping, I spot painted white gesso and added drops of 
Liquitex professional acrylic ink (pyrrole red).
 13.) Assemblage begins...
First, I adhered the die-cut heart.
Then, I highlighted everything using charcoal, black marker and white paint marker.
Added the embellishment: flowers, metallic findings, trims, laces, light bulb and charms. 
I also added couple stitches.
14.)At this time, I am still thinking if I want to add more. 
 But then again, I decided to stop from here...
Hope you like my take in these challenge! I really enjoying making tags the last couple months.  Watch out for my future post!

Do you believe that I completely forgot to post this tag as my entry?  Well, I still have 10 more months to join TH, right!? LOL

Have a great day!

No comments: