When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me, Lord." I am a believer that God created each one of us with a unique talent, therefore, use it well to serve Him.

Friday, February 18, 2011

How I Store My Tools 1 - Coloring Medium (Copics & Prismacolor)

There are two ways that I do my coloring.  One is using Copic Markers and the other is using Primacolor and Gamsol.  Some people uses Prismacolor colored pencil for the base and the blending. I do mine a little differently.  I would color the images first with Prismacolor markers then I would use Prismacolor colored pencils for blending and shadowing.
This craft tote is supposedly designed for tools but I used it instead for storing my Copic markers.
 
I found this basket perfect for storing my Prismacolor, blending stumps, kneaded eraser, sanding block and my small bottle of Goo Gone.  I prefer to use Goo Gone rather than Gamsol.  I find it easy to blend using Goo Gone because it glides like a butter.  I think Gamsol dries really quickly so you need to dip your stump more often.
 The other sets of pens are my Sakura gelly roll pens that I used as lipsticks and highlighting medium.
 This Derwent Inktense pencil is my new discovery.  Pencil blends really nicely and quickly without the use of Gamsol or Goo Gone.  It's like a watercolor pencils but the difference is it is alot better than watercolor pencils.
On the top of my computer armoire, I have pen organizers that I used to store my Prismacolor markers, Bic Mark-it markers, Sharpies and my EF, which was a Korean version of Copics.  Again, they are sorted according to colors

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the storage piece for the markers in the last photo? "specialaccents@itsfast.net"

Claire Langan said...

Hi, I got them at Office Depot. If I'm not mistaken they're Rubbermaid brands. Not all Office Depot still carries them. But if you talk to their manager, maybe they could check around and order it for you. That's how I got them.