When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me, Lord." I am a believer that God created each one of us with a unique talent, therefore, use it well to serve Him.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ella's Birthday Banner

This was the 6th birthday of my darling daughter. We celebrated it despite Daddy's absence and invited a bunch of neighbors. I made sure that it was a fun-filled day for her and our neighbor Lia who is always been wonderful and kind helped us with everything that we needed for the party.  On the day of Ella's birthday, I forgot the balloons. She was complaining that every birthday should have balloons but like Lia came to my rescue.

Here's my baby rather big girl on her 6th Birthday:

 The purple bouquet called bear hug was sent by Daddy...
Here's the birthday banner I made.  Too bad, there isn't any Princess and the Frog cartridge so I made due of what I have here.  This is also my take for Cricut Circle Blog Monthly Challenge - Banner.
 
 I string beaded stamped sentiment that says, "Happy Birthday, "Seize the Cake" and "It's your Birthday!"
I added this so after the party, we can take this out and still use the Ella banner. I promised her that I would make party hats/crowns and table centerpiece but I didn't have enough time to do those things anymore.  The banner alone took me 2 days to make it.  Well, I'm learning, right :-)...
 I used Storybook, Happily Ever After and Once Upon a Princess (Princesses, gowns and labels) and used the color motif of "Princess and Frog" theme.
 
 
 Added Prima flowers, satin ribbons and some bling to emebllish the banner.
 Oh, I hand banner using a quarter inch in diameter wooden dowel. 
 
 
RECIPE:
PAPER: Recollection, CTMH, Stampin Up! and The Paper Company
STAMP: Peachy Keen Stamps and Hero Arts
INKPAD: CTMH and Stampin Up!
TOOLS: Cricut Expression, Gypsy, EK Success papershaper, PC paper trimmer, ATG, Zip Dry, glue dots, Plaid pop dots and Zig 2-way glue pen
CARTRIDGE: Storybook (flourishes and fonts), Happily Ever After (banner and its layers) and Once Upon a Princess (Princesses, gowns and label/tag)
EMBELLISHMENT: American Girl gem, Recollection bling, Prima flowers, satin ribbons and baker's twine
OTHERS: Sakura gelly roll pen, chalk, wooden dowel and plastic beads

5 comments:

4kids4 said...

Wow!! Claire, that banner is gorgeous!! Your daughter must love it! All your details continue to impress me...you always seem to get everything just right! I hope your daughter had a fun birthday...her cake looks yummy! TFS!

~Sharon C.

Debbi said...

Your banner is AMAZING! So much detail!! I'm sure your daughter loved it. And Happy Birthday to your daughter!
*smiles*
debbi

Anonymous said...

Hi, Claire!!
Today the proxies allow me to comment :)
I love your banner it's a great creation!!! I can see your daughter's happiness!!!!!
And it's a good idea for my daughter's birthday... I need to decorate the house for her for the coming day. I won´t copy, but the banner is wonderful :)

Ardilla
papersardilla.multiply.com

Maryann Laursen said...

WOUW this is just awesome hun. Ella must just love this. As always you´ve done an amazing job and it looks sooooo gorgeous. I can sure see, why it took 2 days to make with all these small wonderful details on it, and all is just so perfect.
I hope, she had a wonderful day and party. The cake looks soo yummi and with the beautiful flowers from dad too, it almost couldn´t get any better, with hm being away. But it sure seems, you´ve managed to make her a wonderful birthday anyway dear. Everything looks fabulous, that´s for sure. Have a wonderful week ahead hun.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

I love this banner! Beautiful! I also wanted to let you know that I wanted to choose you for a Attitude Blogger Award...
Stop by my page to grab your award!!! Congrats!!!
Lisa
http://lisascreativeniche.blogspot.com