When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me, Lord." I am a believer that God created each one of us with a unique talent, therefore, use it well to serve Him.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

NCM Project #12 - Wedding Guestsbook

A neighbor who is now a dear, dear friend, and I are becoming really close and spending alot of time talking, going out and doing things together. Like I mentioned several times in my blog, she's very kind to us, driving us where we need to go and even grabbing grocery stocks for us.  In return,  I love making her something that I made and most of the time its either food or crafting projects.  Couple weeks ago, she asked me if I would be willing to make her a wedding guestbook and scrapbook for her friends who are getting married in April.

Color motif are turquoise and ivory.  Again, I used a thick plastic sheet I got from Grafix Arts as a cover. 
 I framed the couples picture that I took from the wedding invitation.  Added Prima flowers, letter charms, sticker sentiments (from Philippines), diecut flowers and acrylic frame.  If you noticed the acrylic frame matches the card.  To be able to come up with the same color as the paper, I wet a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol and put a drop of SU reinker.
 I used April Shower cartridge for the panel sheets.  I used chipboard sheets then sandwiched it with CS.  I did it that way to make sure each panel will not get wrinkle by people who are signing it.  I added diecuts and tiny flatback pearls as a embellish on each pages.
 I asked Lia whether she prefers a guestbook that has lines on it.  I suggested to go with guestbook/wishbook, so guests can leave comments, advices or just plain well wishes to the couple and she took my advice for it.  That should explain why its plain inside.
 I used Stampin Up! CS for the color turquoise and I used Gina K luxury paper for color ivory.  Then I used Wassau for the metallic gold for diecut images.  I used the cartridge Botanical for the diecut.
 I'm not sure if you can see in this picture the plastic sheet cover I used.  I dressed it up with ivory colored tulle that has glitters, satin ribbon, pearl string/garland and a pair of wedding bands.
I made a total 15 (30 pages back to back) panels for the guestbook and hopefully that will be enough for the couple's guests to write on.
 I cut all the panels using Cricut machine but what I don't understand was the CS was cut differently from chipboard.  Trimming each pages and sanding them afterward was extra work that I didn't expect.  What's bad was I had to sufferer for days for sinusitis headache because of the dust I got from the papers while sanding it.  Also, I used my Xyron big sticker machine for each flower diecuts and it suppose to make thing easy, instead I ended up erasing extra adhesive, which was a tedious job.  I hate seeing adhesives on any projects.

At the end, I was pleased with this project even if it took so long to finish it.  Someone was so happy too with it and cant stop from saying WOW.  Hopefully her friend would like it and so do you!

Thanks for looking and for keep on posting your projects at our NCM challenge.

2 comments:

Kim H said...

OMG... Claire this is just ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! All the details and time you have into this book! I am sure she will LOVE it! As always... LOVE your creations!

Kim H said...

Oh I forgot to mention how I LOVE that flower and how you added their picture!